The following application can be used for any of our open positions described below.
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Full Time Position
- Experience of 5-10 years in church and pastoral ministry giving evidence of an ability to organize, lead, encourage, motivate and work with others.
- Gives evidence of a deep pastoral calling as well as a clear conviction and passion that all of God’s people must be growing spiritually and serving others.
- Displays emotional intelligence and a willingness to perform his duties as part of the leadership team that is working together to realize the Grace Church Vision and Mission.
- Agreement with the Core Values of the Ministry of Grace Church.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or its equivalent portfolio competency.
- Between 35-45 years of age.
Mandate: The Associate Pastor of Discipleship is accountable to the Lead Pastor for developing and equipping members to grow into fully formed loyal followers of Jesus Christ. He will align and utilize established training methodologies to create a vibrant discipleship culture that develops disciples in community and releases them to mission in the world, thus fulfilling the vision and mission of Grace Church.
Oversight and Alignment of Current Training Programs at Grace Church
- Supervise the Adult Bible Fellowship program to create a Scope and Sequence of training that results in measured spiritual growth for adult learners.
- Supervise the Children’s Ministry Director and Grace Student Ministries Director in the development of nursery to graduate discipleship programming.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in the development and deployment of Deacon and Elder Training tools especially geared for the next generations.
Oversight and Connection of Discipleship Pathways and Support Ministry at Grace Church
- Partner with Lead Pastor and Connections Coordinator to join Discipleship Pathways and Volunteer Opportunities for adults at Grace Church.
- Partner with Lead Pastor and Connections Coordinator to join Discipleship Pathways and Assimilation Systems at Grace Church.
- Partner with Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor in providing direction and guidance to the Men’s and Women’s ministries of Grace Church.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership that will: train small group leaders, equip and deploy small groups, and equip small groups for missional engagement.
- Serve as a resource person to all those involved in Discipleship Training Programs and Small Group Ministries within the body at Grace Church.
- Provide a friendly first contact phone answer to callers and have a working knowledge of the Grace Church phone system, answering calls as they come in and forwarding such calls to the appropriate staff member or staff member's voicemail service.
- Provide a friendly first contact door entry to those needing to access Grace Church during the week for meetings, deliveries, or information.
- Type and print the bulletin and all inserts, making them available for Sunday services in a timely manner.
- Prepare and arrange reports, make copies and distribute such reports by staff to elders or other church members as required.
- Provide secretarial support to Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor as requested.
- Mail form letters from Pastors to guests and visitors who have registered via a Communication card.
- Entry of weekly data into the CCB database.
- Take notes at all staff meetings.